1. Doritos have enough oil in them to make tinder for starting fires.
2. Crayons can double as candles and have a burning time of up to 30 minutes.
3. A foil wrapper and an AA battery can produce a flame in a pinch.
4. Pencil sharpener shavings for tinder is another great alternative.
5. Tampons! Yes you heard me right, tampon tinder does actually work!
So there you have it, 5 top tips to help you light a fire. Want more Zombie Survival tips? Why not check out my Top 5 Gadgets to Help You Survive the Zombie Apocalypse or the Top 3 Ways to Kill a Zombie.
Jessica Ward – Author of E-Virus The Diary of a Modern Day Girl
Set in the familiar locations of Cheshire, the world of this tech savvy, shoe loving Cheshire Girl is thrown into complete chaos as the E-Virus spreads through the Nation, where she has to fight for survival in a post-apocalyptic wasteland in a world where the dead just won’t stay dead.